For the greater good, my will be done!

6/2/09

Gyrocopter for the win!

So I started up my campaign. All in all pretty good. But I was attacked first round by the dwarves. Of course I fell in to my same old problem.
You may know that when I face Space Wolves I tend to hang on the dreadnaught, well I made the same mistake against the dwarves.
No, not their dread, the copter. My opponent has a tendency to chase my heiro around with his gyro's steam cannon, until he gets him and I crumble. The campaign is 850pt war band campaign, but he squeezed it in. I spent the first half spinning my ushabti trying to get in line with the copter. Of course it never happened. in the end he got my heiro, my army crumbled, with the exception of my Ushabti.
In the end the Ushabti actually made a fair showing, bringing the hurt and being the only unit not to crumble. To little to late.
By the time I realised what I was doing, it was to late.
Future battles will see me bring a prince instead, then at least the crumble will have an armor save.
Actually thinking back, I'm going to have to say my big honest mouth lost this one. Even barring my ushabti never making combat, I could have won this one on turn 2. My chariots charged, won, out numbered, broke the unit behind, caused utter devastation, then I said "You can hold on fear on double 1s." Rolled double 1s. My chariots got bogged down, then destroyed, as usual. They just can't catch a break. They have been removed from my warband list *shrug*

No comments: