For the greater good, my will be done!

6/4/09

Strike first? So what!

Heres a win! Shocking I know.
Played against the High Elf player from my campaign, used the campaign rules, but not actually for the campaign.
Kept the Heiro, since decided to drop him. Played the little war special mission, I rolled assassination(actually pick, but you get the idea)
Went with a bone giant list. First time with out chariots, also dropped carrion. Got first turn, charged ahead, mostly down the right side. His force was spread with a good amount of range, including the bolt thrower. Got the charge with my giant on turn 2, over ran into his mage. Killed her. The rest was just clean up. Kinda turned out the opposite of my last game, with me doing the damage. In the end it was a chase for his only remaining unit, a group of calvary. Never caught, they made it to my deployment(his objective), but didn't have the unit strength to qualify as 1/3 his army.
Very fun game, though I feel bad for the trouncing. His was a heavy core army, not sure that these will hold in the campaign, have to watch and see. His bolt thrower did take my heiro, crumbling my lt horse, and bits of the rest, but not enough.

No comments: